Jonathan Nathan has released Name Those Files! version 2.1, as a Universal Binary for Mac OS X 10.2 and above. NtF! allows you to easily rename large numbers of files or folders on your Mac using advanced numbering, trimming, and search & replace capabilities.
What’s New in v2.1:
* Added the ability to use any formated date string (similar to strftime) in the prefix or suffix.
* Improved the speed and stability of the actual item rename routine.
* Improved (dramatically) the speed of listing files using EXIF date
* Fixed a bug that caused an error if NtF! attempted to process items with
missing date information.
* Several other minor fixes, improvements, and interface tweaks.
Name Those Files! is $12.50, with a one-week free evaluation and free upgrades for registered users of prior versions.